News Conference: Faith Leaders Pledge to Keep Wisconsin Healthy and Safe
On October 15, 2020, faith leaders held a news conference to announce the publication of the Faith Leaders Pledge to Keep Wisconsin Healthy and Safe. This pledge was created by the Wisconsin Council of Churches and Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice and signed by 197 clergy and faith leaders, representing Protestant, Historically Black, and Orthodox Christian traditions, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, and Nature Spirituality. The Pledge affirms the interfaith community’s commitment to preserving life and keeping Wisconsin healthy and safe in the face of the pandemic.
- Mrs. Janan Najeeb, Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition
- Rev. Sonja Ingebritsen, Pastor, Community of Hope UCC/Madison Christian Community
- Rabbi Renee Bauer, Community Chaplain, Jewish Social Services of Madison
- Rev. Willie Brisco, President, WISDOM; Minister, New Covenant Baptist Church
- Dr. Mushir Hassan MD, FACP, Vice President of Medical Affairs, Ascension Elmbrook Memorial Hospital
- Rev. Kerri Parker, Executive Director, Wisconsin Council of Churches