Newsmakers: Suicide Prevention Task Force
On October 9, 2019, WisconsinEye Senior Producer Steve Walters sat down with the co-chairs of the 2019 Suicide Prevention Task Force, Rep. Joan Ballweg (R-Markesan) and Rep. Steve Doyle (D-Onalaska), for a discussion on the task force and their recommended legislation.
- LRB 3871: $250,000 per year to Department of Health Services to administer prevention programs, hire of suicide prevention director
- LRB 3872: $250,000 per year for grants to local governments, groups for prevention programs
- LRB 4241: $75,000 per year to provide training and materials to organizations, including staff of firing ranges or firearms retailers
- LRB 4373: $250,000 per year to DPI to fund peer-to-peer prevention programs in schools
- LRB 4247: $55,000 per year for tuition for low-income farmers who take technical college course in farm, business management
- LRB 4178: Require prevention information, hotline number on students’ IDs